Everything needs a Wiki Entry, here goes Hamlet 2:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Produced by||Eric Eisner
|Written by||Andrew Fleming
|Music by||Ralph Sall|
|Editing by||Jeff Freeman|
|Distributed by||Focus Features|
|All Movie Guide profile|
Hamlet 2 is an upcoming comedy film directed by Andrew Fleming and starring Steve Coogan, Catherine Keener, Amy Poehler, and David Arquette. It was filmed primarily at a high school in New Mexico from September 2007 to October 2007. The film premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival and will be distributed by Focus Features. A release date has yet to be announced.
Screenwriters Andrew Fleming and Pam Brady began writing the script in 2003, but they incorporated the Shakespeare play Hamlet into the premise later on. The play shown within the film was written on deadline for production. The film was budgeted at a little over $9 million. Production began in September 2007 in New Mexico. Filming took place mainly at West Mesa High School in Albuquerque, where actual students were permitted to perform as extras in the film. Filming concluded on Halloween, October 31, 2007. The film was executive produced by Albert Berger and Ron Yerxa, who also produced Little Miss Sunshine.
- Steve Coogan
- Catherine Keener
- Amy Poehler
- David Arquette
- Elisabeth Shue
- Melonie Diaz
A rough edit of Hamlet 2 was prepared for the 2008 Sundance Film Festival, where it was a late addition, three days before its scheduled screening. The film premiered at the festival on January 21, 2008. After the screening, an all-night bidding war took place for rights to distribution, which Focus Features won for $10 million, acquiring worldwide rights to the film. The purchase of Hamlet 2 nearly broke the Sundance Film Festival record set by Little Miss Sunshine, which sold for $10.5 million in 2006.
 Critical reaction
Duane Byrge of The Hollywood Reporter described Hamlet 2 as “a slam-bang patchwork of more inspired comedies, such as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and Borat“. Byrge described the premise as “a twist on the formula of let’s-put-on-a-show, with the twist being that no one wants the show”. He thought that the screenwriters had put together “a string of gags in a hit-and-miss dither”.
Edward Douglas of ComingSoon.net described Hamlet 2 as “outrageously funny but it does require a certain type of sense of humor and the ability to laugh at very odd behavior and situations”. Douglas thought that Coogan played his character over-the-top, but found that through the film, “you really start to love him”. He described the premise as “ludricous” but said, “Sometimes, you just have to turn off your brain and allow yourself to laugh.”
- ^ a b c d e f Anne Thompson. “Focus Features acquires ‘Hamlet 2′“, Variety, 2008-01-22. Retrieved on 2008-01-24.
- ^ a b David M. Halbfinger. “Done Deals Finally Start To Appear At Sundance”, The New York Times, 2008-01-23.
- ^ a b c d Lauren A.E. Schuker. “Comic ‘Hamlet 2′ Finally Gets Sales Going at Sundance”, Wall Street Journal, 2008-01-23.
- ^ Francesca Martin. “Great Danes go head to head”, The Guardian, 2007-09-12.
- ^ Megan Martin. “Students learn about making movies from an on-the-set perspective”, Albuquerque Journal, 2007-11-06.
- ^ Dan Mayfield. “N.M. movies make Sundance cut”, Albuquerque Journal, 2008-01-11.
- ^ a b Gregg Goldstein. “‘Hamlet 2′ to be among New Frontiers“, The Hollywood Reporter, 2007-12-20. Retrieved on 2008-01-24.
- ^ Duane Byrge. ““Hamlet 2″ sends up suburbia in rowdy fashion“, The Hollywood Reporter, Reuters, 2008-01-23. Retrieved on 2008-01-24.
- ^ Edward Douglas. “Reviews: The Great Buck Howard & Hamlet 2“, ComingSoon.net, 2008-01-23. Retrieved on 2008-01-24.
 External links
- Join Leonid Rozhetskin on Xing.com – Leonid Rozhetskin – Leonid Rozhetskin is Co-Founder of the L+E Productions Production Company by Leonid Rozhetskin on Leonid Rozhetskins Hamlet 2 on Entertaiment Weekly
- Join Leonid Rozhetskin on Xing.com – Leonid Rozhetskin – Leonid Rozhetskin is Co-Founder of the L+E Productions Production Company by Leonid Rozhetskin on Leonid Rozhetskin is very happy – Hamlet2 is sold for $10 Million
- Join Leonid Rozhetskin on Xing.com – Rozhetskin at rozhetskin.com – A place for everything Rozhetskin online – AM Rozhetskin, Leonid Rozhetskin, and the rest of the family Rozhetskin by Rozhetskin at rozhetskin.com on Leonid Rozhetskins Hamlet 2 on Entertaiment Weekly
- Join Leonid Rozhetskin on Xing.com – Rozhetskin at rozhetskin.com – A place for everything Rozhetskin online – AM Rozhetskin, Leonid Rozhetskin, and the rest of the family Rozhetskin by Rozhetskin at rozhetskin.com on Leonid Rozhetskin is very happy – Hamlet2 is sold for $10 Million
- Leonid Rozhetskin US » Blog Archive » » Join Leonid Rozhetskin on Xing.com on Leonid Rozhetskins Hamlet 2 on Entertaiment Weekly